This avocado chicken salad has so much flavor and is so simple to make that it will easily turn into one of your daily lunches. It’s hearty so it fills you up, and it’s also satisfying with all the amazing ingredients. Plus, the avocado gives this salad a creaminess without using any mayo, so it feels lighter than most chicken salads.
What makes this recipe so quick and easy to prepare is that you can make a lot ahead of time and just keep it in your fridge for the week. In addition, it’s easy to prep the ingredients at any time, too: cook up some crisp bacon, hard boil your eggs, boil some corn on the cob, and use the breasts of a rotisserie chicken.
I’m looking forward to experimenting with this salad more, maybe add some slices of grapes or almond slivers for crunch. I think I might also swap out the chicken for lobster in the summer and make some delicious lettuce wraps with it. What will you do with this versatile salad?
Mayo-Free Avocado Chicken Salad
This avocado chicken salad has so much flavor and is so simple to make that it will easily turn into one of your daily lunches.
- 2 large chicken breasts shredded or chopped
- 2 avocados pitted and cubed
- 1-2 cooked corn on the cob kernels cut off
- 6 oz bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or a whole lemon
- Dice or shred 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and pit 2 avocados, cut into cubes, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add your corn, bacon, hardboiled eggs, green onion, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle over your olive oil and lemon juice, and lightly toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a day. Cover with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent the avocados from browning).