Our tomato bruschetta recipe is one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of the warmer seasons. First, you infuse the tomatoes with the flavors of basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Then, you meld those flavors and unlock the sweetness of the tomatoes with a quick spin on the grill.
When you serve this tomato bruschetta with zucchini noodles instead of the standard bread or toast, you’ll still get that satisfying crunch underneath the classic bruschetta flavors. This makes this updated version of bruschetta ideal for those who are gluten sensitive or eating low carb.
Grilled Tomato Bruschetta and Zucchini Noodles
When you serve this tomato bruschetta with zucchini noodles instead of the standard bread or toast, you’ll still get that satisfying crunch underneath the classic bruschetta flavors.
- 4-5 large organic tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dash liquid smoke optional
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchinis (or use store-bought premade “zoodles”)
- Slice tomatoes into quadrants and marinate them in the basil, olive oil, garlic, balsamic, sea salt, black pepper, and liquid smoke for 25 minutes.
- While they are marinating, use a spiralizer to turn the zucchinis into noodles. Spiralize them out onto a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Heat a grill or a stove-top griddle to high heat. Carefully place each tomato piece onto the grill and sear for 1-2 minutes, then flip and repeat. Save the marinade.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a large skillet on medium heat and flash-saute them so they are heated but not cooked through. This will help prevent soggy zucchini noodles.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and top with the seared tomatoes.
- Pour some of the marinade over the dish, top with more fresh basil, and enjoy!