Everyone loves a good snack, but have you every thought of snacking on chickpeas? Here’s a little something you can try that’s not only a great substitute for popcorn, but that you probably won’t get in the habit of overdoing. These chickpeas come out crispy and crunchy; they’re roasted, not fried; and they’re super easy to whip up.
Crispy Movie-Night Chickpeas
We've heard these healthy, crispy chickpeas are the perfect intra-workout nutrition for Netflix endurance events.
- Can of chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Seasonings of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain your can of beans and rinse in a strainer.
- Lay out a paper towel or a cookie sheet and dump the rinsed beans on top. Top with another paper towel.
- Roll the towel around on the beans until they are dry. Remove the paper towels.
- Transfer the beans to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you might like. Some good choices are cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp), cumin (1/2 tsp), and turmeric (1 tsp).
- Return to the sheet pan (without the towels) and place in your preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Crunch away!